Spa Tours In India
What is Spa
The word "spa" conjures up images of long days filled with mud baths and meditation classes, exquisitely prepared spa cuisine, and fragrant eucalyptus groves.
But Spas, lately, seem to be popping up everywhere: office buildings, strip malls, village storefronts. Salons with one tiny massage table tout their spa services. Even nail places call themselves spa pedicures.
Spa is a place where you can get spa treatments like massage, facials, and body treatments. Spas are devoted to enhancing your overall well-being. But there are many different types of spas:
1. Day Spa - It offers spa treatments on a day-use basis. Many also offer salon services.
2. Destination Spa - Its sole purpose is to help you lead a healthier lifestyle through spa treatments, exercise, and educational programming. You stay at least two nights. Somehave minimum stays of three or seven nights. Spa cuisine is served exclusively.
3. Resort/Hotel Spa - It is located within a resort or hotel. It offers spa services, fitness classes and spa cuisine alongside less health choices like steaks and burgers. It's a good choice when one person wants spa and the other golf. It also works for business travelers and families.
4. Medical Spa - It offers treatments that require a doctor's supervision, such as laser resurfacing and Botox injections. It also offers spa treatments.
5. Mineral Springs Spa - It has natural mineral, thermal or seawater that is used in hydrotherapy treatments.
6. Club Spa - A day spa located in a fitness facility or health club.
7. Cruise Ship Spa - Aboard a cruise ship that provides spa treatments, fitness and wellness components and spa cuisine menu choices.
The word spa conjures up images of mud baths and meditation classes, spa cuisine in a serene desert setting. But spas, lately, seem to be popping up everywhere: office buildings, strip malls, village storefronts. Salons and Korean nail places throw the word around. How can they all be spas?
First, there are different kinds of spas. At a destination spa, the whole environment is geared toward the four cornerstones of a spa experience: mind and body fitness, healthy eating, relaxation and treatments. You generally go there for at least two or three nights and immerse yourself in the spa atmosphere. Some people go to help them make lifstyle chnages. The destination spa is sometimes confused with a resort spa, which is one of the many amenities at a resort, along with golf, tennis and as much fatty food as you feel like eating.
At the day spa, people can drop in for massages, facials, body treatments, manicures and pedicures. Often, day spas are an extension of a hair salon. This is fine, as long as the spa offers a quiet, serene, environment. But no one is regulating use of the word spa. That's why some salons promote spa services when all they have is one massage table, or use names like "spa pedicure." If you have any doubt, check out the facilities yourself before booking an appointment. Just drop in and ask for a quick tour.
At a minimum, a day spa should offer professionally administered massages, facials and body treatments in a quiet, serene atmosphere. At its most elaborate, a destination spa like Canyon Ranch has a staff of physicians, psychologists, nutritionists and physical therapists. It offers so many classes, lectures and services that and so many things going on that you could spend months there and still not experience them all.
As well as skin treatments and massages, most spas in India have now evolved to include a number of different therapies, such as reflexology, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, and meditation. All you need to do is lie back and enjoy being pampered!
Even the tiniest day spa can offer a dizzying number of services. Should you get the aromatherapy or the purifying facial? A salt scrub or a mud wrap? Paraffin or algae for your body wrap?
The most popular service and the best place to start is massage, the manual manipulation of the body's muscles. Massage has been around for thousands of years and has a number of health benefits. It improves blood circulation. It prevents and treats muscle pain and spasm. It reduces tension and anxiety, calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well being.
Massage therapy can be effective with pain management, but many healthy people get massage regularly because it helps them maintain physical, mental and emotional well being.
The second most popular service is the European facial, which involves skin analysis, deep cleansing, massage, "extractions" (removal of blackheads and whiteheads), toning, and moisturizing.
Body treatments are essentially facials for the whole body. The most popular body treatment is a salt glow or body scrub, an exfoliating treatment where the therapist rubs off the outermost layer of dead skin cells. This will leave your skin feeling velvety soft.